Estimated Time to Complete: 20-25 Minutes.
Equipment used: Starcom ADSL Modem, Belkin Wireless G Router.
Today I am going to explain how to configure BSNL ADSL Modem with Belkin Wireless Router. If you are having a wired ADSL modem, you can connect it a Wireless Router to setup WiFi.
Wired Modems can be used with desktop, but when we are using Laptop it will be pretty irritating.
Things you need
1. Wireless Router [Recommended: Belkin, Price: ₹1500.]
2. ADSL Modem
3. A Broadband connection.
4. Username/Password of that Connection.
Now, How to Configure BSNL ADSL Modem with Wireless Router
- Power on all the devices (Router, Modem).
- Take a RJ45 cable (Ethernet Cable) and connect it to WAN slot of Router.
Note: You can observe, Modem and Wireless LED’s on Wireless Router would lit up.
- Take another RJ45 cable which comes with your Router, Connect it to LAN port of the Router marked as 1, 2, 3, 4 etc., to the LAN port of the Computer.
- Open the following address in your favorite browser:
By default the Username would be admin and there will be no password.
- Click on Connection type under LAN settings in the left pane of the Router Setup page.
- Select PPPoE and click next, In the PPPoE configuration page enter Username, Password, Confirm Password and Connection Name and save the connection settings.
- You must now see the Internet Connection Status as Connected. If Internet Connection Status is Not Connected, then you have done something wrong. Try Restarting your Router by Clicking on Restart Router link located under Utilities in the left pane.
- Under Wireless Settings, Click on Channel and SSID. Set your Channel name and enable Protected Mode.
- Under Security Settings, Use WPA/WPA2 and Set your Password (PSK).
- If something went wrong during the setup, you can restore the Router to Factory settings by clicking on Restore Factory Defaults which is located under Utilities.
- You can view all the devices connected to your Network by clicking on DHCP Client list.