For those who are noodle lovers out there, this next recipe is for you. Egg Noodles with Assorted Seafoods are commonly found in instant noodle packs that can be easily prepared in 5 minutes. This recipe will teach you how to prepare the traditional and much more fresh seafood noodle at the comfort of your own home.
- 250g cleaned baby squids
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red chili, desseded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 250g tiger prawns, shelled
- 175g egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 175g white crab meat
- 50g beansprouts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Separate the tentacles of each squid and set aside. Cut it open down one side and lay out flat.
- Slit the flesh diagonally in two directions to form diamond shapes. Put in a clean bowl along with the tentacles, mirin, rice vinegar, 2 tbsp sunflower oil and red chili. Mix well an marinade in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the remaining oil. While hot, pour in garlic, spring onions and bell pepper. Stir-fry for a minute then add the turmeric and coriander. Cook for 30 seconds then add the marinated squids and the prawns. Let it boil then simmer until the squids and prawns are tender. Transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- Put the cooked noodles in a large bowl and add the white crab meat, squid and prawn mixture. Mix well then add the beansprouts. Season with salt and pepper then serve.
Now you have your own version of egg noodles with assorted seafoods. It is much more fresh, healthy and satisfying than instant noodles in the market. Enjoy!